Check out this great new research tool!
Thanks to a generous friend of Talcott Free Library, a subscription to ANCESTRY LIBRARY EDITION is now available online for Talcott patrons.
Please come to Talcott and access this new tool on our library computers. You can discover the clues your ancestors left you like Immigration, Vital Records, Census, Family Histories, Court Records, Directories, Photographs, and Military Records.
Genealogy Tips: For patrons wanting to learn more about their own ancestral background, this database provides great ways for you to research your genealogy.
- Start an ancestral chart by listing what you already know about your family background.
- Interview your relatives and make a family group chart.
- Locate death record and certificates, obituaries, etc.
- Follow death-records clues: See how time/place of death may lead to birth, marriage, and other records.
- Search census records and learn where ancestors lived.
- Search Local sources like newpapers, local histories, property maps, court, church records, tax lists, and wills, etc.
- Research your family history, immigration records, ship passenger lists, military records, etc.
To login, simply enter your patron ID and password.