How to borrow and deliver Kindle Books
Follow the instructions below to borrow Kindle Books and deliver them to your Kindle, Kindle reading app, or Kindle Cloud Reader.
- Open your library’s digital collection website (http://www.omnilibraries.org).
- When the site opens, find a Kindle Book to borrow. You can:
- Tap or mouse over a title, then select more to go to the title’s details page. The details page lists the formats available for that title, including Kindle Book (if available).
- Run a search, then narrow your results by selecting Kindle Book under “Format” on the left-hand side of the page.
- Select Advanced Search under the search bar and choose Kindle Book as your format in the search form that opens.
Note: Available titles will display a filled-in format icon in the upper-right corner of their cover. Checked-out titles will display a grayed-out icon.
- Once you’ve confirmed that an eBook is available in the Kindle Book format, select Borrow to borrow it.
If prompted, sign in.
- Your bookshelf will open, displaying the title(s) you have borrowed. From here, select Kindle Book from the Download drop-down menu, then Confirm & Download.
You will be taken to Amazon’s website so that you can complete the checkout and send the title to your Kindle device or reading app.
- If you are already signed into Amazon, select a device or reading app from the “Deliver to” drop-down box, then select Get library book.
The book is sent to your device or reading app, and you’ll find it on your Kindle home screen. If you are not signed in, skip to step 6.
Note: You must complete this step for the library book to show up in the “Manage Your Content & Devices” list. If the Kindle Book does not appear in this list, you will not be able to download it on any device.
- If you are not already signed into Amazon, select Get library book. You will be prompted to sign in.
- After signing in, a page will open where you can select the device or reading app for the Kindle Book.
- Select Continue to send the book to your device or reading app.
Note: You must complete this step for the library book to show up in the “Manage Your Content & Devices” list on your Amazon account. If the Kindle Book does not appear in this list, you will not be able to download it on any device.
Note: Library books require a Wi-Fi connection for download to Kindle devices. If you do not have an available Wi-Fi connection, you will need to transfer the title via USB.
Once a title is on your device or reading app, open it from your Kindle home screen to begin reading
. If you want to read the eBook on a different device, you can download it again during the lending period.