On the April 2, 2019 election day ballot there will be a question asking to raise the library’s limited rate from .2149 to .288, an increase of .0731. This translates to an approximate $32 increase for a $150,000 property.
If the Referendum passes:
- Increased study room and collaborative meeting space
- New/expanded teen/tween space
- Improved/larger children’s program room
- Better, easier to find, ADA code restrooms
- DVDs/CDs available to browse on public shelves
- More available outlets
- Maintain or expand current hours/services
- Long-term fiscal sustainability
- If the Referendum fails:
- Reduced hours and days of service by 2028.
- Decreased access to new materials
- Less programing
- Technology updated less frequently
- No study space/outlet availability
Vote Yes if you want the referendum to pass for better library services and spaces.
Vote No if you want the referendum to fail and want library services and hours cut within the next 10 years.
For more information visit talcottfreelibrary.com/referendum